Hi...

So; I've decided to write a blog. Mainly I will be exercising my female right to moan about things that make my eyes go as red the one in my profile picture, however there may be an odd occasion where this 30 year old (with the mentality of a teenager) will express moments of rare intelligence and occasional happiness...

Saturday, 14 May 2011

Conspiracy Theories

This isn't a "defined" gripe as such, but recently I have becoming increasingly interested in the ideas behind the conspiracy theories of 9/11, especially since the "death" of Osama Bin Laden.  I am un-decided on the subject in regards to what side of the coin I sit on but the various different documentaries and articles that have been floating online for the last 5 or so years have certainly made me question the likes of what the official authorities have announced as the truth.

Both versions of Loose Change, Final Cut and the original and the Zeitgeist Movie (both can be found on youtube and different websites) certainly open your eyes, whether or not you believe it what it's saying or not.  I've had people say to me "How can you believe or even listen to this nonsense, you know nothing about the peope who have produced this video?  They've put it together so much so in order for you to see the subject the way they want you to see it."  But when I come back with "You don't know the people behind the Government.  The Government are a body of people who society over time have said you should trust."  Not one person has come back at me with a worthwhile response.





For me it's the same as the Bible.  The story of the Bible is told in various different versions through different religions, does it matter which version of the story you believe?  You make your own choice, who or what you put your faith in, is personal.  You wouldn't challenge a person's faith, why they have chosen to believe the entity they believe? 

Every Christmas, up until I turned 19, the evening conversation always ended up going back to the unanswerable questions; how did the Earth come to be?  Do you believe science or religion? What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Who knows?  We'll never know.  All I know is now I'm starting to question things that 5 years ago I wouldn't have even thought about questioning, whether or not I understand why I am asking the questions.  I was too concerned with what the media want you to be concerned with, celebrity, natural disasters, people's indiscretions, the cost of petrol etc... the smokescreen that ultimately keeps you blinded from paying any attention to what is actually going on.

For the most part, I can't quite decide whether I'm living in the Truman Show, or with Neo in the Matrix.

No comments:

Post a Comment